The Academic Staff College has conducted 212 Refresher Courses in different subjects including Hindi, Commerce, English, Chemistry, Management, Law, Education, Computer, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Geography, Political Science, Sanskrit, Human Rights, Music, Physics, IT History, Public Administration, Gender Studies and Environment. In these courses it strived to upgrade and update the knowledge of teachers in different fields of their specialization. The contents of the courses were objectively selected to enlighten teachers about the contemporary developments in their subjects and also to provide an understanding about the emerging areas of research. During the refresher courses, the teachers also discussed the syllabi and suggested to their respective departments the stipulated changes to make them more relevant to the present environment.
1. The application for a programme must reach the office at least one month prior to the commencement of the programme
2. Selection will strictly be made on the basis of the guidelines of the UGC3.
a. Orientation Programme: Newly appointed lecturers including adhoc teachers (with 2 years service)and all those teachers who require orientation for getting higher grade are eligible.
b. Refresher Courses: A teacher who has already attended orientation programme or Refresher Course is eligible to attend a Refresher Course after a gap of one year.
- In case the teacher has not attended any Orientation Course or Refresher Course, he/she is eligible to attend Refresher Course if he/she has completed two years service.
- Duty leave is required to be sanctioned to the teachers for attending Orientation Programme/Refresher Courses.
- Traveling allowance is paid by the ASC as per UGC guidelines.
- DA @ Rs.250/- for participants from outside Shimla and @ Rs.100/- for participants from within Shimla is also paid by the ASC.
- Attendance at the orientation programmes and refresher courses is a pre requisite for lecturer for placement and promotion under the Career Advancement Scheme of the UGC