The main objective of conducting an orientation programme is to transform a teacher into a learning and creative teacher. It is possible only when the ASCs identify the relevant contents and methodology. The UGC has provided broad guidelines for the themes to be covered in orientation programmes. The major components of Orientation Programmes are: Awareness of linkages among Society, Environment, Education & Development Philosophy of Education, Indian Education System and Pedagogy. Background for enriching Subject Knowledge. Personality Development and Management. Information Technology and Computer Awareness
NOTE:-1. The application for a programme must reach the office at least one month prior to the commencement of the programme
2. Selection will strictly be made on the basis of the guidelines of the UGC3.
a. Orientation Programme:
Newly appointed lecturers including adhoc teachers (2 years service)and all those teachers who require orientation for getting higher grade are eligible.
b. Refresher Courses:
A teacher who has already attended orientation programme or Refresher Course is eligible to attend a Refresher Course after a gap of one year. In case the teacher has not attended any Orientation Course or Refresher Course, he/she is eligible to attend Refresher Course if he/she has completed two years service.
4. Duty leave is required to be sanctioned to the teachers for attending Orientation Programme/Refresher Courses.
5. Traveling allowance is paid by the ASC as per UGC guidelines.
6. DA @ Rs.250/- for participants from outside Shimla and @ Rs.100/- for participants from within Shimla is also paid by the ASC.
7. Attendance at the orientation programmes and refresher courses is a pre requisite for lecturer for placement and promotion under the Career Advancement Scheme of the UGC.